Apply to be a S.E.P. Program Assistant
Science Enrichment Preparation (S.E.P.) Program
Program Dates: May 22nd, 2021 – July 17th, 2021
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the 2021 S.E.P. Program will be held virtually.
Held each summer on the UNC Chapel Hill campus, the S.E.P. Program is an eight-week, honors-level academic enrichment program that targets first-generation, underrepresented minority, rural, and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged undergraduate students (rising sophomores and juniors) who seek admission into Medical School or Dental School. Additionally, Scholars will receive educational supplies, lodging on the UNC Chapel Hill campus, limited travel expenses (contingent upon funding) and a competitive stipend. During the program, S.E.P. Scholars:
- Engage in more than 150 hours of classroom instruction in Physics, Organic Chemistry, Human Physiology and Quantitative Skills/Biostatistics.
- Attend classes and seminars in reading speed and comprehension, test-taking strategies, essay writing, and interview techniques.
- Virtually Visit local health facilities and network with health care professionals.
- Engage in Virtual Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Curriculum
Program Assistant Position
Program Assistants serve as teaching assistants to S.E.P. Program Faculty. Responsibilities include providing academic, personal, and professional support to S.E.P. Scholars, leading Supplemental Instruction Sessions, etc.
Program Assistants areneeded for the following courses: Organic Chemistry and Biostatistics/Quantitative Skills
Interested applicants must meet a least one of the following criteria:
- Current Undergraduate Student that has been admitted to a Health Professional Program and plans to enroll in the Fall
- Current Graduate/Health Professional Student
- Online Application – Click Here to Apply
- Official Transcript(s) – upload in Online Application
- Health Professional School Admission Test Score(s) – upload in Online Application
- Two Letters of Recommendation