My name is Kishan Darji and I am rising sophomore at East Carolina University. I was born and raised in Charlotte, N.C. by my two wonderful parents. I have an older brother who is in medical school right now that actually did the S.E.P. program a few years ago, which is how I came to know of it!

At ECU, I am a biology major and did quite well in my classes. Given that I’m a biology major, my favorite classes I’ve taken are mostly science related, including biology, chemistry, and some that I haven’t taken but would like to, such as Anatomy.

During school, I am your typical biology major- I study hard, spend lots of time at the library, and ensure that I get good grades while understanding the importance of the material that I’m learning. But when I’m relaxing, I love going out with my friends, riding my bicycle, and working out to relieve stress from long nights of studying.

I was looking at many summer programs for the summer of 2013 and soon realized that the SEP Program was exactly what I wanted to do. I applied, and was overjoyed when I found out that I was accepted! The classes, the shadowing opportunities, and the skills that I can acquire from this program all seem very intriguing and useful! As I sit here at home, I cannot wait to start this exciting program and see what it has in store for me. I know that it will be difficult, but the rewards will definitely be worth the hard work that I will put into this program. I wish all of my fellow SEP scholars a relaxed few days before the program starts, and good luck, as we embark on this eight-week journey.