Science Enrichment Preparation (S.E.P.) Program
Program Dates: May 2024-July 2024
The 2024 S.E.P. Program will be held in person.
If you are a current Graduate/Health Professional Student or a Current Undergraduate that has been admitted to Graduate/Health Professional School, and is interested in applying for a Program Assistant Position, Click Here.
Gain the competitive edge with S.E.P.! Held each summer on the UNC Chapel Hill campus, the S.E.P. Program is an eight-week, honors-level academic enrichment program that targets first-generation, underrepresented minority, rural, and/or socioeconomically disadvantaged undergraduate students (rising sophomores and juniors) who seek admission into Medical School or Dental School. Additionally, Scholars will receive educational supplies, lodging on the UNC Chapel Hill campus, limited travel expenses (contingent upon funding) and a competitive stipend. During the program, S.E.P. Scholars:
- Engage in more than 150 hours of classroom instruction in Physics, Organic Chemistry, Human Physiology and Quantitative Skills/Biostatistics.
- Attend classes and seminars in reading speed and comprehension, test-taking strategies, essay writing, and interview techniques.
- Visit local health facilities and network with health care professionals.
- Shadow a working professional in their health field of interest.
- Pre-Dental exposure will include a Dental Laboratory Course.
- Pre-Medical exposure will include Suturing Workshops, Simulation Laboratory Experiences, etc.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have in interest in attending Medical School or Dental School.
- Be enrolled in a College/University, Community College or Early College Program.
- Be classified as a rising sophomore or rising junior (current first-year or second-year) student at the time of application.
- Identify as one or more of the following: First Generation, Financially Disadvantaged, Underrepresented Minority, Permanent Resident in a Rural County in NC.
- Have completed a minimum of three college-level credit hours each in math, biology and chemistry by Summer 2023.
- Hold a science/overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be a US citizen or Permanent US Resident (North Carolina residents receive preference).
Interested in applying? Click Here.
Applications Open: October 2nd, 2023.
Early Decision Application Deadline: January 7th, 2024!
Regular Decision Application Deadline: March 3rd, 2024!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. The sooner your application is completed, the greater your likelihood of acceptance.
For more information, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 919-966-2264.